Thursday, April 12, 2012

Went to auction!

Tom and I went to one of our favorite auction houses tonight.
It's in a little old building in a small town not far from where we live. We both really like the auctioneers, they are a family and they are really nice to work with. We also usually see a number of friends there, however, if you go often enough you end up making friends with all of the regulars.Then you get to see lots of friends.

 That is nice too because they will often pass along things in the boxes they bought that they don't need or want but they know it's stuff we usually look for. I was glad tonight that one of my friends husband was there because Tom bought a heavy bed frame, way too heavy for me to lift. Tom and friends hubby traded helping each other.

I love the surprise element of auctions, you never know what you are going to find. Tonight I bought an old 6 foot fold out wood ladder for $2.00! Now I have to decide whether to paint it or use it as is. I think I am going to figure out a way to attach some kind of small shelf to each rung to use it as a display for nick knacks. I will post pictures of whatever it is I end up doing.

I also wanted to share a before and after picture of a coffee table Josh painted. This was a coffee table Tom bought at auction and I thought he was crazy. It just looked like way too much work to me.
Here it is before. (obviously, DUH!) Pretty bad right?


And here it is after TADA!


I think it turned out really sweet! The trim around the top is a light yellow, it looks white in the picture. This is one of the items we will be putting in our booth at the Antique Mall next month. I took the liberty of renting us all a booth starting May 1st so we are all working like mad to be ready. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love the table!! Guys got talent for sure:) Best to you with the booth. I take it the other thing didn't work out?? Nice to know someone else is not the most organized all the time.....that is my weak area and I'm always saying I'm working on it:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete