Saturday, April 21, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Workshop!

Thursday was a busy day! Josh and I started the day working, we work banquets together in real life at a local hotel. After work we did a quick change and headed out to Winsome Cottage in Waynesville where we were signed up to take a workshop for Annie Sloan's chalk paint.


It all started when I read about Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint (ASCP) somewhere online and of course I had to have some. I was excited to see that Winsome Cottage in Waynesville carried ASCP because I love visiting Waynesville. I called my mom who is always up for a day trip (I love that about her) and we headed off.

Not only did I find the paint, I was also thrilled to meet the owner of the shop MaryKay, she made me feel comfortable right away and was very generous sharing information about painting and refurbishing old furniture. By the time I left I had several cans of chalk paint and had signed up for her April chalk paint workshop. Since the class was being held in the evening and it was a bit of a drive I made invited Josh to go with me. Of course he was the only guy, such a hardship!

The great thing about attending a workshop is not only do you learn whatever it is you went to learn, you also meet great like minded people. The ladies that attended this particular workshop were all interesting and enthusiastic.

 I am really loving this paint and the new colors I picked up. I will post some pictures soon of the things I am painting but for now I want to share a picture of a SWEET table Josh painted not long ago.(This table was not painted with ASCP) I may be crazy but when I look at this table I am reminded of one of those old fashioned bisque dolls, and I just love the colors. See, it even has the little shoes!!


Well, it is late so I will say goodnight until next time.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment