Friday, June 1, 2012

We are open!

Yep, we opened this morning at 10:30 am and had our first customer at about 10:40 am. I admit, I was shocked! It was really a soft opening, no bells or whistles, just a flip of the sign in the window, come in, we're open.

Thomas had someone waiting for us to open because she was interested in one of his desks. She came in with her darling little girl and they both seemed to enjoy doing a little shopping. She told me she was glad we were located in Hilliard so she didn't have to travel far. She ended up buying this little beauty.


I really loved this little desk but am so happy to see it go to a good home. After she left I had another visitor, my dear friend Wendy sent me flowers! Thank you Wendy!


After so much excitement we had to do a little re-arranging, which led to a lot of re-arranging and now the whole shop looks different. Thomas and I moved the check out counter and changed the front to look like this.


This picture does not really do this little vintage cabinet justice. It looks way sweeter now because I have put some great items in it, I have some darling little Limoges Ramekins, and I added some battery operated candles and it all just looks like a picture now. By the way this little cabinet was painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint. In fact so was the drop leaf table next to it and the little side table on top of that.

I can't wait to tell you about the dresser Josh just finished but it will have to wait until another day because this shopkeeper needs to go to bed. You can check out our Facebook page for more updates!
The Not Just Shabby Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment